An indulgent, healthy breakfast doesn’t need to be boring. Get in lots of protein in the morning (or anytime!) with a burst of flavor. No need for bland protein pancakes. Try this recipe for a fabulous, fancy way to maintain a fit body 🙂
Combine the following in a food processor or blender (no particular order):
- 1/4 c Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 c Oats
- 1-1/2 Plain Greek yogurt (either full fat or non-fat works)
- 1 whole egg + 2 egg whites (if you want to keep fat low, use 3-4 egg whites)
- 3/4 scoop Quest Multipurpose Protein Powder (I highly recommend this over any other protein, as it gives a really fluffy consistency.
- 1/4 scoop PEScience Select Vegan Protein Cinnamon Delight flavor (or another flavored protein like cinnamon swirl or vanilla, because Quest Multipurpose is unflavored)
- OR 1 Scoop Quest Protein + 1/4 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 25 g blueberries (you can add more or less depending on preference)
- 1 tbsp Trader Joe’s Blueberry FlaxSeed (optional)
- Dash of Cinnamon (to taste)
- Dash Sea salt
- Lemon zest (for topping)
Consistency should be slightly thick, but runny enough to pour into a pan easily. If it’s too thick, add a bit more almond milk.
Pour into a non-stick skillet greased lightly with coconut oil spray or vegetable oil spray and heated over medium heat. Flip once bubbles start to appear, then cook for about another minute.
Top with fresh lemon zest and sugar free maple syrup, and blueberries if desired. I also like to use zero calorie butter spray for a little extra flavor.