Do you need some workout ideas you can do at home or outdoors? This workout is designed for partners so you can do it with a friend or significant other to help keep you motivated. But you can also do it alone with a few modifications!
At the bottom of this post you’ll find a video with demonstrations of how to do each exercise. This was filmed as part of a really fun wedding weight loss project I did with a client for ProSourceFit. To go to the workout, simply click ahead to 7:35 in the video. However, if you’d like to get some bonus learning and tips on managing alcohol within a healthy diet and getting your friends to join you in your weight loss journey, then be sure to watch the whole video!
In this blog I will give you a longer warm-up to do than the video provides, plus give you some modifications for doing this workout without a partner. Ready to do this?! Let’s go!….
- Windmills – stand with feet wider than shoulder distance and arms straight out to your sides. Twist down, touching your right arm to your left foot. Return to start, then repeat on right side. Make sure you’re twisting at your core and not just folding over toward the ground. Do 10 reps on each side.
- Jumping Jacks – You can jump or just lift one leg at a time for no impact. Make sure arms go ALL the way up overhead, no bent elbows. Do 20-30 reps.
- Side Lunge with Twist – Stand with feet very wide, toes in line with knees. Shift all your weight to left leg as you bend your knee (like a one-sided squat). When you’re as low as you can go, place right arm on ground and left arm to the sky to get a good core twist. Repeat on right side. Do 10 reps total.
- Prisoner Squats – Stand with feet slightly wider than shoulder distance and place arms behind head. Squat down as far as you comfortably can without leaning forward too much. Do 15 reps.
- Push-ups – You can do these on your toes or knees, the main focus is warming up the chest and arms. Do 5-10 reps.
Dynamic Circuit Workout
- Reverse lunge with medicine ball toss
- Solo version: Rather than toss the medicine ball, either toss ball against a wall, or press up into the air
2. Russian twist with ball pass
- Solo version: Rather than toss the ball, bounce it on the ground next to you and pick it up quickly as it bounces back
3. Squat to dumbbell press
5. Squat to band rear fly
- Solo version: Wrap your band around a sturdy pole or object, or use a door anchor if you have one. Then perform the exercise as the video shows
6. Agility ladder drills – first run through: jump from outside the ladder to inside with both feet at the same time. Second time though, step each foot in separately, in in then out out as demonstrated in the video. If you don’t have a ladder, you can still do this with sidewalk chalk or simply an imaginary line.
Need more workout equipment for home? All of the gear in this video is from ProSourceFit.com. You can get it 10% off with code HOLLY10 at checkout!
This post contains affiliate links